ADMIS Mentor Program
Have you heard about ADMIS’s new mentoring program? What could this mean for you and your career at your school and beyond? Could you benefit from mentoring through the ADMIS Mentoring Program?
The purpose of mentoring is to connect an individual who has a lot of knowledge and experience with someone who hasn’t gained the same knowledge or experience.
You will benefit from having someone who is more experienced than you, can share advice, offer guidance and be a sounding board for your thoughts. Whether in your career or life, having a mentor is crucial for continued growth and development.
We are looking for members like you to be mentees. If you are a new Director or have some experience, but have gaps in your practice, this is an opportunity to learn from an experienced member of ADMIS to support your growth as a Director of Music. Therefore, we would like to invite you to be considered as a mentee for the ADMIS Mentoring Program to be launched at the 2022 Conference. We hope that you see this as an opportunity to build the capacity of our profession by sharing in the knowledge, skills and experience of some of the most experienced and exemplary members of our organisation.
The primary objectives of the program are:
- To promote and strengthen ADMIS into the future by creating a vibrant learning community
- To promote supportive and collaborative learning relationships between our members
Criteria for becoming a Mentee:
- Willingness to learn and work to improve your practice and career opportunities
- A growth mindset
- Can commit to a mutually agreed number of hours/meetings a month/term/as required
- Please read the attached document before you fill out the form!
Why become a mentee?
- To learn and share with an experienced Director of Music
- To develop your leadership and career aspirations
- To benefit from the wealth of knowledge, skills and experience of the ADMIS mentors
- Learn from each other (if I knew then what I know now!)
If this sounds like something you’d like to do here’s how to get started:
- Complete the Mentee Expression of Interest Form by 15 February 2022.